Every Ekiden participant can experience true runner's high on a 5k course that features a beautiful oceanic view from Kapiolani Park to Diamond Head lookout point and back. The "WaikiKitchen" Food Festival will also be held for the first time this year at Kapiolani Park near the Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden finish line where supporting family and friends await.
Ancient Hawaiians believed that gods resided in various natural objects such as flowers and considered lei-wearing a form of talisman that would help take in mana (energy) from nature. As an nod to the Ancient Hawaiian culture, the Honolulu Rainbow Ediken competition will feature one-of-a-kind Hawaiian ribbon lei to be used as race sashes. By wearing lei as a race sash runners will hopefully feel Hawaii's mana and maintain team energy a the lei is passed on to the next runner.
Participants of the Ekiden will receive an exclusive discount towards ticket purchase for the "Honolulu Festival's Friendship Gala," an event that features lots of excitement that can only be experienced in Hawaii!
[Summary of the Race]
- Name: Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden "EKIDEN" 2014
- Venue: Honolulu
- Sponsor: JTB Corp.
- Supporter: Honolulu Festival Foundation
- Dates: March 8, 2014, Saturday Scheduled starting time at 9:00AM - 1:00pm (approx.)
- Course: Kapiolani Park ~ Waikiki Aquarium ~ Diamond Head Road (turn-around point) ~ Kapiolani Park (1 lap approximately 5km) ~ Total of 25km. The relay's transit point is Kapiolani Park.
- Application: a team consists of 5 runners, no limit to age or sex / 5km (approximately 3.1miles) 5 runners. Individual entrants will be placed in "Friendship teams" as an opportunity to meet and run with other individual participants from Japan and other countries.
- In good health condition.
- Participants must be at least 12 years old
- Participants that are 18 or under need parent approval
- Time Limit of the Run: 4 hours
- Water Supply Point: Along the course
- Entry Fee:
* Entry fee are nonrefundable after cancellation.
- Kama Aina Super Early Entry *must present a local ID
[Teams entered by Monday, September 30th]
USD: $100 per team / USD: $20 per runner
- Early Entry
[Teams entered by Friday, December 27th]
USD: $150 per team, USD: $30 per runner
- Regular Entry
[Teams entered by Friday, February 28th]
USD: $250 per team, USD: $50 per runner
- Student Entry *all runner must present a student ID
[Teams entered by Friday, February 28th]
USD: $100 per team
- Notice of Individual Entry
The combination of a team will be determined by the sponsor. Team member shuffling and replace runners are not allowed after the decision has been finalized.
Team combination will be posted at EXPO one to two days prior to time of participant number pickup.
Runners must gather at the designated location one hour before start time on the race day. Please be sure to confirm race schedule beforehand.
Entry fee are nonrefundable after cancellation.
- How to Enter:
- All participants will receive
- Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden original T-shirt.
- Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden participant's medal.
- (1) Ticket for complimentary drink from Lani Kai Juice kiosk.
- (1) Exclusive discount card towards tickets for the “Honolulu Festival - Friendship Gala” held on Friday, March 7, 2013, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM at the Hawaii Convention Center Kamehameha Hall.
- Special access to VIP viewing area during the Honolulu Festival Grand Parade on Sunday, March 9, 2014
|Overall Winner 1st Place
||2014 JTB Maui Marathon Free Entry ,Hyatt Regency Maui Resort& Spa 3 nights stay, Dinner at SHOR American Seafood Grill, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort Spa for each team member
|Overall Winner 2nd Place
||Lanikai Juice $250 Gift Certificate for team
|Overall Winner 3rd Place
||Runners Route $150 Gift Certificate for team
|Wahine 1st Place
||JCB Award: T-Galleria by DFS $250 Gift Certificate & The Royal Hawaiian A Luxury Collection Resort Waikiki Garden View room 3nights/ 2rooms
|Senior 1st Place
||JTB Casual Dinner Coupon for each team member
|Student 1st Place
||Dinner at Hard Rock Café Honolulu for each team member
|Company 1st Place
||Sunday Brunch at Orchids, Hotel & Resorts of Halekulani for each team member
|Aloha Spirit Award
||Dinner at SHOR American Seafood Grill, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort ＆ Spa for each team member
|Ohana Spirit Award
||Dinner at Tropics Bar & Grill, Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort for each team member
|Most Stylish Team Award
||Dinner at Kuhio Beach Grill, Waikiki Beach Mariott Resort & Spa for each team member
|Exciting Team Award
||Dinner Buffet at Prince Court, Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki for each team member
Thursday, March 6th 2014
12:00pm-7:00pm Race number pick up at the “Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden Designated Desk" inside of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa.
Friday, March 7th 2014
10:00am-4:00pm Race number pick up at the “Honolulu Rainbow Ekiden Designated Desk" inside of the Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa.
Saturday, March 8th 2014
07:00am check-in at the Kapiolani Park check-in desk
08:00am race briefing
09:00am Ekiden race starts
01:00pm race ends
04:00pm Award ceremony